More Homemade Desserts



Two quick desserts.  The top one, a creation Amy learned of from her mom.  Basically, it's a giant meringue, with fruit and fresh whipped cream.  Shockingly simple as a concept and not overly tricky to make.  The taste is much more rich than you would think.  The final benefit?  It is quite healthy.
The bottom one, is creme brulee.  When I was in law school, Amy bought me a creme brulee torch.  I have used the recipe that came with that torch for about 8 years.  I love creme brulee and to have the ability to make my own is like being able to print your own money.  So, this was one I made that looked nice, but didn't set up well.  Which reminds me, I made creme brulee (that didn't set up very well) for Easter one year for some of Amy's friends.  Amy's "less tactful" friend, said "If I had ordered this at a restaurant, I'd send it back."   Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yummy creme brulee. What did you say to your tacky friend? That is ridiculous. That reminded my of this ignorant person.
http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2009/11/do-you-still-see-me.html
she actually said that she did have one at a restaurant that tasted like that and she did send it back! boy I hope she doesn't read your blog!!!

Popular Posts