Omelette House again

I have already posted on the Omelette House, but since I've been on a bit of a burger binge, I thought I would share the latest comparison.
I have ALWAYS ordered a fabulous omelet from The Omelette House.  But, when I mentioned that I was going to the Omelette House at work, someone said that their burgers were great.  Well, I decided to venture beyond my comfort zone and order a burger at an egg joint.  
One thing first, the potatoes.  Look at 'em.  They are the same potatoes they serve for breakfast.  They are crispy and perfectly seasoned.

But, we came for the burger.  I ordered a pedestrian version, just cheese and bacon.  But, it was delicious.  That is a huge, juicy patty.  It had good flavor (not Smashburger good, but good).  The bacon was thicker than your usual bacon and very tasty.  The big deal for me, though, was the cheese.  They put at least two, maybe three slices of American cheese on that bad boy.  It was a simple thing, but it made a HUGE difference in the burger.
We get so accustomed to the micromanaged fast food burger and it's computer controlled portions, that when someone just throws some cheese on something, we're shocked.  At least I was.  But I was shocked in a good way.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts