Strip Burger - So James Will Stop Whining

Posted by Picasa
That's James in this picture.  Recognize him?  Anyway, he told me he knew of a tasty burger place AND that he had a valuable coupon for said burger place.  We all know that burgers and coupons go together like pork and beans, so we went as soon as possible.

You may be able to tell from the pic, that Strip Burger is one of those fancy modern places with a lot of steel and aluminum.  It was fine.  What I wasn't super fine with, was that we had to eat outside.  I know this is Vegas, and winters aren't as harsh, but it feels cold and my food felt cold before too long as well.  Also, what if it was the middle of summer?  It would have been 120 degrees out there.  So, take that into consideration.

My next observation is related to the attempt at coolness and trendiness by Strip Burger.  What is more trendy than Eminem blaring on the speakers while you eat your lunch?  Not much, according to Strip Burger.  If it was midnight on a Friday night, I could understand blaring rap anthems wherein Warren G informs Eminem that he is aware of certain females who enjoy very specific sexual positions.  However, midweek at noon, it did not look like the Matlock/tourist crowd (that means senior citizen tourists in case I am being too obscure) were digging it.




A frequent problem I have with restaurants is that they won't make something truly spicy.  Stripburger (I can't remember if it's Strip Burger or Stripburger), is at least a little more bold than many.  What you see on these fries, is chopped up jalepenos and cheese sauce.  They were spicy, but not super spicy.  I was very pleased.  They cheese sauce was delicious - it wasn't quite convenience store nacho cheese, in a good way.  The fries were good and appropriately spicy.






The burger, however, is the star and, as such, must succeed or the restaurant fails.  At Strip Burger, the burger succeeds.Take a look at this bad boy.

Blue cheese, bacon, other cheese, onion strings.  More importantly, in the words of Wesley from Princess Bride, "What you don't see" is the flavor.  It was a delicious burger.  Seasoned meat with great toppings.  Nothing more to say.

If you are at Fashion Show Mall, you like hearing about the sexual exploits of Dr. Dre's protoge' and the weather's nice (or if there is interior seating that I didn't get access to), have a burger here.  And I'm out.

Comments

Unknown said…
I look hot in that picture (and I don't mean warm).

Get over the ghetto tunes and the weather, wimp!

Also, you can dine in a section of Cafe Ba Ba Reba if you are to sickly (or weak) to brave the elements.

Popular Posts