Da Vinci's - I never thought they could do pizza in a truck



I'm running out of food trucks.  If I don't track down BBQ Boy pretty soon, I'll have to move off of the food trucks and onto regular stuff again.  

So, DaVinci's.  If Sloppi Jo's is the epitome of the proper use of new marketing techniques to bring really good mobile food to people all over town, then DaVinci's might be an example of overselling it.  

First, the food was ok.  The pizza seems to have been done pursuant to the NY slice 'o' pizza technique - where every pizza is a cheese pizza, but then it is reheated with your toppings when you order it.  It was fine.  Not bad, but not special.  

What stands out for me, is that this is a super new, high tech truck.  It has references to twitter and a web site on the side.  The wrap for the truck is obviously expensive and modern.  

Unfortunately, it's also soulless and boring.  Somehow, the appearance of this truck, makes me not want to eat there.  

So, let's recap.  The food was fine.  If it is near my office, I might stop by and try their salads.  The food was not, however, noteworthy.  

The people were nice.  I have no problem with the service. 

The marketing, however, seems to have out slicked itself and become either a distraction, or it writes checks the food can't cash.  


Comments

Popular Posts