Haulin' Balls - awesome name, awesome balls.





Haulin' Balls.  You must agree, this is an awesome name.  The fact is, it's an awesome truck.  

This is one of those food trucks that I had to stalk a bit in order to track down.  However, they are quite good at using the internet and social media to make themselves accessible  One day, they were just blocks from work (at El Cortez), and I was able to talk a few partners and associates to all go with me.  
First off, I took a picture of the chip rack, because Haulin' Balls has chips in spicy varieties that I have never seen.  This was a good sign.  
What do you buy here?  Balls.  Balls of meat.  I got the Thai balls (they had a clever name, I'm sure) and the bbq pork balls (also, they had a clever name that I have forgotten).
First, the BBQ balls:

pulled pork bbq, with sauce and sauce, pickle on the side.  It was quite tasty.  Good texture, good preparation and great execution.  These were not a disappointment at all.
Second, the Thai balls:


These were, I think, a combination of meats, very well spiced, served in a lettuce cup with sriracha hot sauce and a vinegar type slaw.  These were quite amazing.  Light tasting food, with great flavors.  These were very satisfying.

Haulin' Balls is doing a great job of serving great food you won't find anywhere else (I have not bumped into a restaurant that specializes in balls 'o meat).  Check them out, they're great.

Comments

Popular Posts