Eatin'



I have been seriously neglecting the food (in this blog, I have been eatin' PLENTY in real life). Here you go:
1. San Felipe's - the best fish tacos.  Some places, when you haven't eaten there in a while, you think about how good their food is and realize you are making it more than it is.  Not San Felipe's.  The fish tacos are just as good when I imagine them from home as when I eat them at the restaurant.  Corn tortillas, a pico de gallo, some sort of sweetish sauce, and mahi mahi (get it fried).  Unreal.  I have eaten fish tacos on a beach, in Mexico and in a bunch of restaurants.  None of them match what is at San Felipe's.  This is one of my favorite college haunts from Flagstaff and it feels like Christmas everytime I realize there are soon to be two locations in Phoenix.

2. Ted's Hot Dogs - My boss told me to go here and have a brat.  I did.  It rocked.  The brat was excellent, but not my absolute favorite ever.  This might be because they repeatedly slash the brat (and hot dogs) with the fork during cooking which leaves it drier than I am used to.  However, the mustard stood out as something different.  It was slightly darker than regular bright yellow mustard, but wasn't brown or grainy like classic deli mustard.  It was really good.  I went in Phoenix, i guess there are a number of other locations.  Use the google to find them.

Comments

jds said…
You had me at corn tortillas... (you ruined it at pico de gallo...sorry, tomatoes are bad, bad, fruit.)

Popular Posts