A froggy breakfast

My favorite law professor, who was obviously tenured, went out of his way to ferer to the French and anything associated with them as "froggy."  That guy had it good.  I guess I am using "frogy" as a term of endearment in this post, since I am not tenured.

I ate at La Note, in Berkely.  First, I am not a hippy, but gorpy places like Berkely are known to be full of "unique" places to eat.  I was headed to Berkeley to observe destructive testing of a gas hose.  Thus, the highlight of the trip would be food.

I spent an hour or so looking for a recommendation to a great place.  The interwebs, in all their glory, are notorious misinformers.  So, it was with great care that I attempted to winnow out the recommendations for places that were probably neither unique or particularly good (I'm looking at you International House of Pancakes).

Please note the picture on the left.  Sourdough bread, house potatoes, fried eggs AND an item I did not know the French were capable of - Spicy Breakfast Sausage.  It had, of course, a French name, but was spicy, different and delicious.  

I would love to have lunch there.  My mother-in-law would also love it - it has a great French country feel (not a stuck-up feeling) and seems focused on the pleasure of food.  

Final note for Berkely visitors- if you like board games and are visiting La Note, head north on the same street and hit up Games of Berkeley.  I found Ticket to Ride (a railroad building strategy game in the vein of Settlers of Catan) for about $30, which was going for over $50 online.  I had not found Ticket to Ride at any other games store.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't believe you are having a soda with that delicous breakfast! I am also trying to decide if I love your new layout. Nevertheless, you can be sure I love your posts.

Popular Posts