Nipples

I figure blog post titles like "nipples" will increase readership and someday I can sell out.  Anywhoo, I was in the airport today and noticed that the mannequin had nipples.  This isn't the first mannequin to ever have nipples, but still, today I thought "Nipples?  Really?" (i am not posting a picture of nipples, sorry, won't happen, but you can look at the cupcakes, they are as nipple-esque as I am getting here)
Who first decided mannequins need nipples?  Did some girl buy a shirt and get it home only to realize that in chilly rooms, the shirt did not look right?  Did some clothing company do a study and find out the the shopping public is not buying shirts because they can't tell what the shirt looks like on a nippled person? (is there a minority that I am supposed to be calling "Nippled Americans" that are getting disability because of the number of shirts their nipples wear through?)
I know that the real answer is something annoying like, the clothing companies are in the business of objectifying humans with their clothing and so by making their mannequins a more complete human-formed object, the people who want to make themselves an object can more easily see themselves in that article of clothing.  

BUT, that's lame.  

I think that they now need to make male mannequins with crotches that represent shrinkage following a dip in a cold pool.

Comments

jds said…
You're so controversial. Your next topic should be about who discovered milk.
Rkade said…
Dave, I don't do requests, but have serious respect for the way your mind works.

Popular Posts