A stellar friggin' breakfast

Peg's Glorified Ham and Eggs - a must eat, in Reno, Nevada.  I found this when I googled breakfast in Reno on my phone.  I noticed this place had some great reviews and was not far from where I was headed.  I stopped in, and was blown away.  The first time, I had a skillet meal, like the one below.  A couple of things - first, check out the presentation.  This is not your usual greasy spoon presentation.  Second, note the pineapple in the skillet.  It was fresh and delicious.  To me, a sign of how much a restaurant cares about its customers and food is if even the garnishes are of particular quality.  By the way, that's a tamale omelette.


Here is another breakfast I had there recently.  I took a picture because I loved it.  My old boss, Richard "Dick" Grimsrud, would have called this "kitschy" like he did the cabernet sauvignon butter that a steakhouse in Flagstaff served with their steaks.  You are looking at "Chef George's Special" which is a version of eggs benedict.  The hollandaise is a chipotle hollandaise, with poached eggs sitting on chorizo patties.  Each bite was tart and spicy.  



Here's what was left.


A place like Peg's Glorified Ham & Eggs is special.  The food is special, the people are special.  Go there and you can tell that all the local customers know it too.

Comments

Popular Posts