I'm a Thief

I went to McDonalds for breakfast the other day. I had been to the Temple, of all places, and was starving. I went to the drive through. I got my wallet out of my pocket in preparation to pay. I was very aware, for a change, of how much money was in my wallet, because I wanted to break a $10 bill so I could pay someone at work the money I owed them. Someone fromTexas called me back on my cell after I placed my order. Next thing I know, I am at the pick-up window. I got my food and drove off.
When I got to the office, I noticed I didn't have the $5 bill I expected to have. I counted, and recounted, my money. I had stolen my breakfast. I looked up the McDonalds, called them and told them I had driven off without paying. I didn't want the guy who was supposed to get my money get in trouble for his register being short. The manager, while on the phone with me, walked over to the guy and asked if someone drove off without paying. He said yeah. Here's the best part. The manager said, "What did you do?"
"I told him to stop and pay, but he just ignored me and drove away."
At first, I thought, well, that guy is lying because he thinks he is going to get in trouble (which he wasnt - the manager wanted to make sure the register was correct at the end of the shift), but now, I honestly don't know. Unfortunately, it's entirely possible that I didn't notice a guy yelling at me from the pay window and McDonalds as I drove up to the pick-up window.
Sad, really.

Comments

Popular Posts