Pool = Joy



It isn't officially summer, but the pool temps say we can act like it is. Pools and kids (that can swim) are a great combination. (pools + kids that cannot swim, well, that's another story). The best part about it is the wild abandon with which kids do their pool stuff.









McKinna, in particular is the crazy person of the pool. All of her jumps are full bore, holding nothing back. Liam seems to refine the same jump each time. I don't worry about Liam jumping on my back while I swim laps, but McKinna is another story.

The last shot, is just a cool shot, I think. looks like Liam did a belly flop. This is what pictures and memories are. They give us a moment of millions, that we freeze in time and store in our minds. It is an accurate representation of our lives? I guess not. Is it an accurate representation of a feeling? Yes. So, we keep taking pictures, hoping to rebuild the feelings, the experiences of the past. Even though the things we keep to remember are not a proportional representation of our lives, we keep doing it. We remember a dream as though it were real.
The pool was heaven. I don't know if I'll be this excited about it in August, but there is nothing like the feeling of the water in contrast to the hot, hot sun outside. Nothing compares with feeling slightly cold, in 110 degree sun because you just got out of the pool. Only while swimming can you evade gravity and heat. It almost makes the desert summer worth it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I tell you time and time again you should be a journalist or advertise this blog or something. That was so nicely said. It makes me want to swim and take pictures. Mostly I want to swim at your house. Grr

Popular Posts