Serendipity 3 - not bad, not quiet

At the front of Ceasar's Palace (SW corner of Flamingo and Las Vegas Boulevard), is Serendipity 3. A friend of Amy's went and really liked it.  Amy wanted to go.  We were supposed to go out on a date that night, and Serendipity 3 was the planned destination, to be followed by a visit to an art gallery.  Unfortunately, McKinna puked all night, so we couldn't send her anywhere to be watched.  As a result, we all went.

I must say, Serendipity had been built up a bit in my mind prior to arrival.  I expected something quirky, lush and extravagant, kind of like a Baz Luhrman set.  I had heard it was serious food, but not too expensive.  

We arrived, after travelling approximately 19 miles by foot (500 yards as the crow flies) from self parking (valet was full) to the restaurant.  We arrived to something much different.  

The restaurant was about 35x35 feet square.  Ice cream parlor style chairs and tables.  It looked like we were eating at a slightly fancier version of the part of Chuck E. Cheese's where you cash in your skee ball tickets.  It was loud and busy (it was also a Saturday night).

The food, however, was excellent.  The Thai steak salad Amy ordered was too spicy for her (which means it was very good).  The service good, but not too fast.  I had a tasty, but not unique, blue cheese and bacon burger with sweet potato fries.  The kids shared a macaroni and cheese pizza.  

Finally, we had dessert.
Some restaurants say they have a "signature" dish that supposedly bring people to their restaurant in droves and when you eat it, it is not special, or horrible (see this post for an example).  Fortunately, when Serendipity 3 says it has an amazing frozen hot chocolate (spelled Frrrozen Hot Chocolate), Serendipity is giving it to you straight.  the "hot" chocolate was rich, icy and delicious.  The chocolate shavings and whipped cream were not just for show.  I loved it. 

Unfortunately, as I reviewed Serendipity 3's website to see how to spell Frrrozen Hot Chocolate, I was horrified to learn that they also sell PEANUT BUTTER FRRROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE!  What?!  How did we miss that.  Someone, buy this, pack it in dry ice and deliver it to me right away.  In the words of nearly every cast member of Arrested Development "I've made a horrible mistake."

Oh, if you're rich (I'm not), go ahead and have the Golden Opulance Sundae (requires 48 hour advance reservation).  I'm sure it's totally worth it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Finally a post! I just resolved to change my eating habits because this muffin top is killing my wardrobe, but now I want icecream. I just noticed that you have nipples as one of your labels. Do you plan on having more posts on nipples to go with your label? You had me at hello, now I am really intrigued.

Popular Posts