Brian's Beach Sushi - I don't know if they love me or hate me


It was Saturday. It was my turn to pick our activities for date night. My idea? Go to an art gallery (I haven't really been to one) and dinner. It turns out, Amy is highly allergic to art galleries. So, she suggested we go find some sushi.

You don't know this, yet, but our favorite place in Vegas for sushi has been Sushi Fever. Maybe I'll review it some time. But, a friend told us about Brian's Beach. We were told it was reasonably priced and good. So, we trekked (it was WAY the heck out there - 8665 West Flamingo - almost to the 215) out there. Amy's first reaction was "We drove all this way to eat sushi out of a strip mall?"

Luckily, the male portion of the other couple observed that some mighty fine sushi has been obtained from just such a location in the past. Concensus was reached and we entered.

The next dilemma was what to order. All you can eat was $26. Not a ton, but a lot for me to spend. The unexciting rolls were reasonably priced (actually everything was - I saw no rolls over $13), but it was a cheaper proposition to just eat like crazy and get the all you can eat. Three of the four went all you can eat, the last didn't like sushi and got a chicken cutlet dinner.

Brian's Beach had a good selection of rolls, including a number I hadn't seen before. Kindal and Santino have raved to me about Poke salad that they had in Hawaii. So, on their recommendation, I ordered the top picture. I liked it. It was like a raw tuna salsa. It was messy as hell.

Since Brian's lets you order half rolls, Jon and I decided to eat the menu. Long story short - we didn't make it. Also, I gained 5.4 pounds the day I ate all you can eat at Brian's Beach (Yes, I weigh myself every night. No, I hadn't been eating big all day).

Without going into tons of detail (and there is lots of detail to be had - I was eating for nearly two hours), it was really good. The regular sushi (raw fish on rice) was great. There was a great variety of rolls and they were delicious. Amy, who doesn't like raw fish, was able to get full without eating raw fish. Dessert and appetizers were included. My only complaint was that the only item I ordered that was labeled spicy and made me hurt a bit, was the cajun albacore. However, our waitress told us (after we were pretty much full) that we can ask for our food to be made extra spicy. We'll get it next time.

I ate so much, I couldn't breathe properly for about three hours. Good stuff. But, do they love me for enjoying their food, or hate me for abusing the all you can eat?



Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't believe I made your blog. I think I might get famous!! Actually it is not very flattering that I ate all you can eat sushi, so don't tell anyone else okay.
Anonymous said…
You weigh yourself every night? That's crazy talk. I love the ....(turning to Josh to ask him what roll we always order....he replies "I don't know" , but probably doesn't know what I just asked him as he is watching NBA playoffs)...anyways it's the one with eel sauce on it. MIGHTY tasty! I would really love to take you to our favorite Thai restaurant. Spicy and tasty!

Popular Posts