Mmmmm, cake.




I made a cake the other day. I wanted to buy raspberries at Costco, and Amy said I better use them (as opposed to letting them go to waste). So, I thought I should make a raspberry dessert. Thanks to the Epicurious App on my phone, I found a Buttermilk Raspberry Cake. My first cake from scratch.
However, anything I want to do between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:30 pm at home, come with some attachments, i.e., the kids. So, I agreed to let them help.

First, I set up the ingredients, just like on a cooking show.



Then, the kids and I mixed it all up. Of course, no picture series of the kids is complete without McKinna's glamour shots smile.



Finished product.




From a purely objective and unbiased perspective, this was a great cake. Before baking it, you sprinkle sugar on it. As it cooks, it makes a sweet crust on the top. It was good plain, it was good with warm half and half.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Mckinna's smile! That looks delicous. This is another thing I learn about you. I bet you try to always cook with the ingredients all poured out.

Popular Posts