Wings Restaurant brings the pain


Let me get this out there. I am an eater, not a writer. I bring this up only because I have to explain why on this, and many other occasions, I can only give you a stupid picture of the counter of a restaurant instead of a picture of the food. The reason is, I eat first and write second. So, when Dave and I went to "Wings Restaurant" (0 points for originality there, kids), I should have taken pictures. But, I didn't. I just ate all the food. Sorry. So, in the picture above, there's the counter and behind there, is where the magic happens. Sorry, that's all I've got.
Now, on to the review. They have about 10 different flavors of sauce. They have fingers in stead of wings if you would like. The pricing is confusing. For example, the special of the day when we went in, was 4 chicken fingers with a sauce, fries and a drink. But, it didn't include a dipping sauce, which would have cost another buck fifty. However, the everyday specials, included a dipping sauce and fries and a wing sauce, but you couldn't get chicken fingers - wings only. I ordered their hottest wings, 10 of them. They asked me to try the sauce first. I did.
I am not a regular wing eater. I have heard of a place in New Jersey that not only makes you sign a waiver prior to purchasing their hottest sauce, but requires you first hold a sample of the sauce in your mouth first. This is a disclaimer. I am a wings neophyte and have little understanding of how hot hot can be. BUT, I thought the hottest sauce at Wings Restaurant was pretty dang hot.
So, I ordered 10 wings in the hottest sauce, fries with seasoning and blue cheese dipping sauce. I got 12 wings in the hottest sauce, fries with seasoning and blue cheese dipping sauce. The included drink came with only one refill - which might be an issue for some who have trouble handling the hottest sauce. The hottest sauce hurt me. It hurt me pretty badly.
I don't consider myself a quitter, so I was determined to finish the wings, but by about wing number eight, I was, for perhaps the first time in my life, less than enthused about getting more than I ordered. After the tenth wing, I told Dave "I know I'm playing it cool, but I'm in a lot of pain right now." The blue cheese helped, though. Which reminds me, the blue cheese actually had chunks of blue cheese in it.
The fries were good. They were skin on fries and the seasoning was slightly sweet and quite tasty.
Overall, I liked Wings Restaurant (it's on 6430 W Lake Mead Blvd). The wings were hot, the fries were good, the sauce was legit. I guess I need to try some other places to see if their hottest sauce is really that hot.
BONUS! Dave took a picture of me after the wings. Because I have such a luscious beard, you can't really tell that I have made a mess of myself. Good for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That picture is so fantastic. Your expression is even more amazing knowing that you are probably burning up inside. This blog should be famous. I noticed you frequent Karson's blog quite a bit......that's all I'm saying.......I just noticed.....Oh and remember when I lived in Provo and would drive 45-60 minutes to come watch your darling little boy several times? Where was Karson? Lighting ants on fire?

Popular Posts