Arcadia Farms

If you read my wife's blog, you know that we went to PHX the other day to see Wicked. (short review - good show). Since I have siblings in the area, we managed to meet the ones that were there (Karson and Aubrey had fled to the north). Arcadia farms, for those from Wyoming, is one of those hippie organic healthful eatin' places. It also happens to be delicious.
I, obviously, ordered the cheese plate. I had a goat cheese, brie and manchego. Delicous, everyone. The fruit was great, the nuts a nice touch. It was just a simple and delicious meal. Something that I particularly enjoy about eating fruit and cheese for a meal, is I feel like I have shared a meal with my ancestors (especially the French ones, if there are any, I guess). We have been eating fruit and cheese for centuries. When I have a meal like this, I feel more human. Whereas, when I eat nacho flavored Slim Jims, I feel like a cyborg.

The strength of Arcadia Farms is not it's delicious fruits and cheeses which, admittedly, were sold by but not created by Arcadia Farms, but its other dishes. Nancy ordered a quesadilla that looked thicker than a bible. Santino and Amy had a chicken salad that was rich with flavor, but not heavy on fat. The fact is, they make good food with good ingredients. It may not be super complicated, but it is awful good.
Above, we have Santino gesticulating wildly. He may have been requesting a Heimlich maneuver.
There's Jack. He likes to be called Jake. He was there. We invited Kindal along to hold him so I could better talk to Kasha and Josh.

That's my story.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I actually look civilzed in that picture. I was watching you the whole time to see if you would take your phone out and snap a picture. I didn't see you take all of these. How fun!

Popular Posts