A long post about another lunch - Swish!!!!

We took Amy's folks to Swich, a shabu shabu joint in West Las Vegas. Amy and I have been there a number of times. We love it. I thought I would document it this time. This picture is a picture on one of the bathrooms. Can you tell if this is a men's room or a women's room?
How about this one, can you tell? Frankly, I don't remember. Luckily, noone was there, so it didn't matter which was which.
They have three basic options: 1 Shabu Shabu, which is like a Japanese fondue. You take a thin broth, bring it to a boil, and swish vegetables, noodles and very thinly sliced meat in it until it is cooked. Then, you dip it in sauces and eat it with rice. 2. Sukiyaki, which is like a kind of stir fry. You make a richer sauce in a cast iron pan, not a wok, and cook your food in it. 3. Bento box, just your standard chicken, rice, salad and edamame. I ALWAYS order Shabu Shabu. Below you can see my sauces. The one on the left is a soy based one (i guess) that is slightly sweet. The vegetables love it and meats are happy there too. The one on the right is peanut based or seasame seed based and is so rich and delicious. Meats love it most, but the rice begs for it. I have added spicyness to mine.
Below you can see the meat. You can get seafood or beef. They also have a kobe beef options. They keep it frozen and use a deli meat slicer to slice it super thin.

Here is a Bento box. Nothing to see here, really. I love this place. The flavors are basic and wonderful and I eat there any chance I get. I also like to pretend it's really healthy. It should be, because it is mostly vegetables and very little meat. Regardless, I highly recommend it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That looks really fun. Is it expensive?
Rkade said…
It's not bad. It's more than I like to spend for lunch, but reasonable for dinner.

Popular Posts