White Chocolate Grill in Phoenix, surprisingly low on white chocolate

The brother of our friends (does it get any more anonymous?) recommended the White Chocolate Grill. We all went. It was good on many levels. First, to your right you see my half eaten blackened Mahi Mahi (the fish so nice they named it twice), in creole sauce with fries. It was delicious. The fish was tender, flaky and well seasoned. The sauce was lively, rich and oh so appropriate. The fries were crispy and good.
Speaking of the fries, another good thing was the service. I initially wanted fries, to dip in the creole sauce that came with the fish, but the waiter seemed skeptical - indicating there may not be enough sauce, so I waffled back and forth on getting fries or mashed potatoes. Finally, I (blaming my canadian heritage) requested poutein - fries with gravy. Actually, I requested fries with gravy and he knew it was poutein. The best part, I couldn't even tell he spit in it - now that's service.
Finally, the desert, it was amazing, but I ate it to fast to take a picture. Had a molten lava cake. It was quick (less than 10 minutes where often it takes 20), delicious, and not lonely ( topped with whipped cream and lounging in creme anglaise).
Success!

Comments

Anonymous said…
(drooling.) My favorite was "the fish so nice they named it twice". I am concerned that I you didn't get something with White Chocolate in it. It bothers me actually. My favorite about most of your comments is when you say something like "heavenly visage" next to your picture of Homer Simpson. Fabulous.
Rkade said…
Apparently the "White' in White Chocolate is not a reference to the sweet treat.
Anonymous said…
It still bothers me.
Anonymous said…
Also my mother-in-law for some reason included you in her comment on my blog. See second most recent post for that randomness. She is a crazy funny lady.

Popular Posts