More on Small Towns



I love small western towns. They remind me of home (more than one of them), my Grandma's and where Amy's family lives. I love that there is so much green in the summer. Having lived extensively in some seriously desert environments, I really appreciate what summer does out here. This is a picture of a random street in Burley, ID. This street is shaded by HUGE trees. I love them for a few reasons. First, they are green. I don't see enough of that in my daily life. Everything in the desert is pale, like it's barely alive. Here, everything is robust (at least in the summer). It screams life. Second, it shows tradition. 50 foot trees are not delivered by the nursery, they were planted by your grandparents. They are tradition, they are the watchful sentries of our ancestors. This street has history.

The other nice thing about old, small towns, is that people put some care into their yards. Here are some flowers that we found in people's yards:




Comments

Popular Posts