Richard and Cleone's Dutch Oven

Few booths have as consistent a selection of cuisine or as consistently high quality as the Dutch oven booth. Whereas the place that sells turkey legs also sells Navajo tacos and snow cones. Not a consistent food theme. Richard and Cleone's booth is a unified meal, everything goes together as a meal. I have long been a fan of eating from and cooking in Dutch ovens. My dad is quite adept and I have done some Dutch ovening as well. Frankly, I don't know what else Rich and Cleone cook in those ovens beyond their fair offerings, but it's enough for me.




Here is the plate. My favorite is the jalepeno and cheese potatoes. I also love the green beans because they remind me of the ones my mom would do. The pork is always good, but this year they were great. It is all comforting, flavorful and hearty food We didn't get the peach cobbler this year, but I know it was great.

-- Post From My iPhone

Comments

I just caught up on all your posts from our trip and I have to say they brought a tear to my eye. not just because of what all that food is doing to your insides but because they made me nestalgic for home and family. Thanks
I know that I spelled nostalgic wrong, oops

Popular Posts