Travel Food

If ever you have to stop in Caliente, NV, and want a bite to eat, you have approximately one choice. Behold, J&J Fast Food.



Amy remarked on how every small town is the same. They each have a gas station or small stand alone drive through restaurant. They have the same food, too. Freshly fried (from the freezer) food and ice cream from a machine. However, I was fortunate to arrive on a day when J&Js were debuting new items - Sweet & Spicy Chicken and Munchers.


I promptly placed my order and sat down to watch the locals of Caliente (who are exactly like the locals of every small town I have ever lived). The order arrived and i was, predictably, underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, the food was about as good as can be expected from the Schwann's man. In fact, that this greasy spoon thought to toss my chicken strips in sweet chili sauce with a bit of added garlic was a refreshing attempt at improving a frozen chicken strip. The "munchers" were tater tot like objects that were filled with cheese and very little flavor. Again, par for the course from the Schwan's man. Perhaps the highlight was the approximately 44 oz. Diet Pepsi I got for a buck o' nine (there's a punk rock reference for ya').
A failure? No, you have to enjoy the journey. Caliente couldn't give much morethan it did, and I will be satisfied with that.

-- Post From My iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts