Deep Fried Pork

While in Idaho (that' show far behind I am in these posts, I'm still cleaning up from a vacation three weeks ago), Cathi raved about deep fried pork chops from a market not far from their house.  I want to say it was actually a gas station, but I'm not sure. So, I woke up to fresh deep fried pork chops.
  Maurice also grabbed some deep fried bacon as well.
 What did I learn?  The deep fried pork chops were good, as was the bacon.  What surprised me was that it was quite flavorful.  It wasn't super tender or juicy, but certainly no worse than a slightly overcooked griddle-fried pork chop.  It was good, but I think it is better with some breading or something to help keep it moist.

While we're on the subject of unusual breakfasts, have I told you about "Coach's Oats"?  Coscto recently began selling a pancake mix branded Coach's Oats.  I am not a pancake guy.  Enough said.  Amy bought it because they were multigrain and supposed to be healthy.  She whipped up a batch and - HOLY CRAP.  They were so good.  There are so many grains in there, that they are almost crunchy, in a good way.  One day I was making them and, for no good reason did this -
It was delicious, crunchy and crispy pancake with the creamy richness of processed american cheese.  Honestly, it was great.



Comments

I do think that you might be troubled! (but I love you anyway)

Popular Posts