Tomatoes- Twin Falls finest Italian food?

On our trip to Idaho, we often manage to sneak away to visit our good friends in Twin. This time, we went to dinner and then to a park so we could chat without having to pay too much attention to the kids. For dinner, we went to Tomatoes, a local, casual Italian place. What I didn't like about Tomatoes was that the service was a bit slow. However, that might had something to do with the fact that the servers were doing rock, paper, scissors in the back trying tomdetermine who had to cover the table with five kids (dang, I lost AGAIN? Ok, 16 out of 31!). I also didn't like that we thought we lost the girls when they didn't come out of the bathroom and we thought they were outside.
What did I like? Way back when, I loved Oregano's (still do, but don't really get to go anymore). What did I love at Oregano's (other than their Italian gold wings, bread, pizza and pizookies)? Their "big rig" pasta with sausage. I don't fully know why, but I am partial to rigatoni pasta. Tomatoes' rigatoni pasta was spicy and came with sausage. It was not too done and was served in an appropriate serving size.



Amy got a primavera pasta dish that was good, but too spicy for her (this is, however, a plus in my book. In fact, Amy's horrible restaurant luck is often good luck for my meal). I gather it was tasty nonetheless.




The kids plates were good too. Not too childish, but not so authentic that they wouldn't eat it.




My office manager (who is from Boise) says that there is another, better Italian place in Twin, which is exciting because I really enjoyed Tomatoes.

-- Post From My iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts