Local Exotic


Lost all the pictures I had taken for future posts in an unfortunate iPhone replacement, so, I have to start over. My kids think I travel all over the place eating weird foods.  However, there are exotic sounding foods locally as well.  I have already blogged about Roberto's Taco Shop.  I love it.  Last night, after the priesthood session, I ran over there to grab some tacos.  I decided I would have lengua tacos again, since it had been a while.  Since Dave wanted some tacos, I grabbed tacos al pastor as well.

First, lengua.  For those who were smoking in the bathroom instead of going to Spanish class, lengua means "tongue."  Frankly, it tastes like beef, which it is.  It sounds very exotic, but tastes like a very smooth steak.  Dave gave a bit to his daughter, telling her it was beef, and she found nothing unusual about it until Nancy came in and asked if those were the "tongue tacos" on the counter.  So, if you want to feel adventurous, go to your local taqueria and grab some tongue.  They're great for a first date, it's like eating first base.




























These are not exotic. They are tacos al pastor (shepherd tacos?), which is weird because they are made with marinated pork, not sheep. Anyway, they are delicious. If you are ever thinking about eating at a taco truck (which I highly recommend), tacos al pastor are always a safe bet. Even though each place makes their tacos al pastor a bit different I can't think of a bad one that I've had.

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is a burrito shack locally that I would like to try. I will try to take a picture. It is truly a shack. Possibly condemmed looking, but very busy. Stay tuned.

Popular Posts