Five Guys Burgers


Ok, hopefully this will wrap up the burger bonanza for a while.  First, a quick background.  When one of my Utah friends heard me rave about Smashburger, they said they thought Five Guys Burgers were the only great burger around.  So, obviously, I had to go try Five Guys.  We were on our way out of St. George, Wingers had a huge wait, and Five Guys was close.  We went in and I liked what I saw.
First, the interior is really basic.  It is just quotes from favorable restaurant reviews.  There is a box of peanuts at the door (a la Lone Star) and boxes/bags of potatoes making up the "velvet rope" where you line up to place your order.  I liked it because I saw a place dedicated only to the food.

I ordered cajun fries and a jalepeno burger.  The fries were great.  The seasoning could have been a bit more bold, but the potatoes were obviously good, they were freshly cooked and had a great texture.  





The burger, was very good as well.  It was perfectly cooked and also tasted fresh.  Fresh jalepenos were also used and it all went together very well.




So why am I not I raving about Five Guys?  Because it was only really good, and Smashburger was amazing.  The Five Guys burger was very much a purist burger.  No real seasonings and sauces.  It is grilled beef, bun, cheese and toppings.  You want sauces?  Ketchup and mustard.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying, that if you want the best taste and experience, sometimes you have to add some special ingredients.
Good work Five Guys, a great effort, a burger with integrity, but not the absolute best out there.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

This smash burger has a lot of hype to live up to. I am nervous for it!

Popular Posts