Jim's Family Restaurant


This one will be simple.  It is a story of faith and epiphany in that holy city, Salt Lake City, UT.  I had an appointment and didn't want to eat breakfast at the hotel.  I thought crepes would be tasty and asked google and, in turn, my iPhone to lead me to such a place.  The interwebs begat a horrible fraud and loosed it upon me, robbing me of my crepes.  I had to find somewhere else.  I decided that if I took a slightly indirect route to my appointment, I would stumble upon something worth eating on the way.  It was a risk, a gamble, a leap of faith . . . and I took it (how's that for drama?  In the words of Queen - are you ready?  Are you ready for this?  Are you sitting on the edge of your seat?)
I was getting quite close to my appointment and was running out of time when I saw Jim's Family Restaurant on about 35th South, a bit west of the 215.  I thought, at least it's not IHOP and went in.  The banners on the walls told me my faith was being rewarded, this was a citysearch favorite.
Long story short, the waitress told me what her husband ordered everyday and I got it - a breakfast skillet with country gravy and chicken fried steak.  It was great.  The chicken friend steak was some of the most tender I've ever had.  It was also already cut into bite sized pieces, so I didn't make a mess of the skillet trying to cut the meat.  It was tasty, prompt and I'm glad my faith in driving around was rewarded with a tasty breakfast.  True story.Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks good minus the crepe and the coke! Yuck! how about some hot chocolate or orange juice?!
Rkade said…
There were no crepes involved in the filming of this story. There was only the promise of crepes that was never fulfilled.
Anonymous said…
I know! My sentence may have been misleading, but if you were in my brain you would see that I meant it all sounds good except you are missing the crepe and the coke is out of place. GEez and duh!

Popular Posts