B7 Bistro - not bad

Sometimes, I have  hard time giving places that look snooty, snobby and too trendy a fair shake.   With B7 Bistro, I had the same problem.  However, the fact is, the food was good.  I arrived looking for lunch.  The place was ULTRA modern, and mostly empty.  However, I expect this is expected to be a night spot more than a day spot.

Feeling fatter than ever, I decided I would just have an appetizer.  A meat and cheese plate.
It was delicious.  The meats were distinctive and slightly spicy.  The cheese was smooth and delicous.  The bread was even quite tasty and quite photogenic.  That is to say, it was a nice plating.
My only complaint about this appetizer, is the price (that was $8 you were looking at) and the menu.  I don' t know that there is such a thing as "Artesian" cheese.
As is my habit, when I am trying to be skinny and only order an appetizer, I always think that justifies dessert.  I ordered olive oil cake, with rosemary syrup and whipped cream.  Look at that.

This really exemplifies my meal.  The food was mostly elemental, with clear flavors.  I considered this to be food that knew what food is.  It encourages you to consider the main flavors that we usually jumble up with a bunch of others.  Here, we have whipped cream, rosemary syrup and the sweet cake.  I liked it.  I would eat there again.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

hey there, your sister was bragging on your blog so wanted to stop and see..

looks terrific. i happen to love cheeses, but man does the price run that appetizer up. I agree with your theory on lighter fare. The lunch stop looks very appealing

Popular Posts