The Four Kegs. Perfection.

I know I am not breaking any news here, but the Four Kegs in Las Vegas is AMAZING.  I know Guy Fieri  (Diners Drive-ins and Dives) loves this place and it has been on his show.  I know that I have already told everyone close to me about this place.  I know, but I went there the other day  and remembered that I LOVE the Four Kegs.

The Four Kegs is a pub.  It is an old pub.  It is an old, dirty pub.  It is an old, dirty, hole-in-the-wall pub.  It is a delicious, old, dirty, hole-in-the-wall pub.  I usually go there a couple times a month, with spurts of weekly visits.

What is so great about the Four Kegs?  Two things.  1.  Atmosphere.  2. Food.

The atmosphere is cool because the Four Kegs is real.  Really real.  They don't have uniforms, they don't have a nice place in a nice part of town.  You just go there and eat great food.  The staff are familiar, but not annoying.  It is a place that is easy to be in. You don't have to think about it, you don't have to prepare for it.  Just go and eat.

The food is amazing.  I hate to play a place up this much, but I really have a deep love for this restaurant.  The thing I order most, is the Philly cheesesteak.  Take a look.


Let's break down their Philly cheesesteak:
Start with the bread.  Usually, I view bread as a meat and cheese delivery device.  A blank canvas on which to paint your sandwich.  Not so at the Four Kegs.  The bread is delicious.  You can taste the bread.  It has a flavor AND a texture.  Not many restaurants can say that.
Next, the meat.  The steak is delicious.  It is flavorful and tender.  I had their French dip prior to the cheesesteak and the quality of the meat was notable and memorable.  It's the same meat they put in their French dip.  You can probably tell from the photo, there's no shortage of meat in there, either.

How about the vegetables?  I have mentioned before, that I don't like onions.  This Philly cheesesteak is helping me overcome that.  The peppers and onions are a bit crispy, but cooked.  They taste good.  It is, simply, perfect.

Cheese?  Yup, it's there.  And plenty of it.

Fries?  My goodness yes.  The Four Kegs serves steak fries.  Steak fries can be great or very, very mediocre.  The Four Kegs fries are great.  Crispy, tasty and hard to stop eating.  For a bit more, they will make them "cajun style", which means they get tossed in a cajun/buffalo sauce after cooking.  Very nice.

Perhaps the best thing I can say about the Four Kegs is that I have never had a mediocre meal there.  They have all been well above average and most are great.  I regularly get the meatball sub, stromboli and chicken strips.  If you ask them, their best dish is their ribs.  I am almost afraid to try them if they are better than the cheesesteak.  I might need a twelve step program to get over them.

If you are in Vegas, take the 95 up to Jones.  In what looks like an abandoned strip mall, is the Four Kegs.  You won't regret it.

Comments

You forgot to mention that you have to hold your breath until you get to the actual restaurant section!!

Popular Posts