Super Bowl Snacks, pt. 2 - fake fried Zucchini



Fried Zucchini, generally a good thing.  I am not the kind of guy who is out looking for fried zucchini all the time.  I think it has a few texture and flavor issues it has to resolve before it enters the snack elite.  But, it's good.  When I saw a recipe for a healthier version, I was intrigued.  More than anything, I thought Amy would like it.
The recipe is basically a cornmeal breading, you coat the zucchini with egg white and then dredge it.  Spray with olive oil and bake it.  I added copious amounts of hot sauce to mine.
How was it?  I liked it.  The outside was slightly crispy and the vegetable inside was fully cooked.  Regular fried zucchini didn't blow my mind and neither did this.  I think the hot sauce made a real difference.
For the future, I would work on making the corn meal mixture more zesty.  I think this is a snack with potential.  Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts