Eclipse Pizza Co. - Another unique pie

Posted by Picasa
Not unlike Kaos Pizza in Denver, there is a wonderful pizza place in the Reno area (Mayberry, to be specific), called Eclipse Pizza Company.  The ingredients are good, the combinations unique, and the atmosphere is fun.

How did I end up in Mayberry?  With my prior firm, I had to go to Reno quite frequently.  My boss would make me schedule a full day of work up there and I wasn't supposed to change my ticket unless I wanted to pay for it.  Well, sometimes things cancelled and I chose to drive around, rather than pay $75 out of my own pocket to go home early.  I would pick a road and just follow it for quite a while.  One time, I ended up in Mayberry and ate at a burrito place right near Eclipse Pizza.  I actually intended to eat at the burrito place, but decided to go with a new place.  It was not a mistake.

This is a place that apparently run by some biking enthusiasts - bicycles, not Harleys.  It's a small place, with seating on the ground floor and upstairs in a loft.  You can see the kitchen and the oven. The ingredient offers show an appreciation for true flavors and not just the stuff everyone else uses.

I ordered a jalepeno, sausage and pineapple pizza.  It was made to order and arrived fresh.  The crust was just right and I could taste the quality of the toppings.

As you already know, Eclipse had a great selection of specialty sodas.  I enjoyed a reduced calorie Kemper soda.

Great pizza, great soda, great place.  

Comments

Popular Posts