TC's Rib Crib - some of the best stuff



I love when I have to drive across town for an appointment.  I am constantly scanning on the way there and the way back for lunch.  I took a circuitous drive back towards the office a while back, to make sure I found a new lunch on the way.

TC's Rib Crib is one of those places that acts like it has been in Vegas a long time.  I am always skeptical, because nothing in Vegas has been here for a very long time (except El Sombrero).  They have the "best of vegas" signs and all, so I was optimistic.

I sat down to order and was stunned at the quantity of sides that were available.  The prices were actually reasonable.  BBQ is always expensive, but it was slightly less so, here.  I also liked the quantity of condiments that were available.  Everything was looking good, so I ordered. (the pic below is of a well above average condiment selection)

I ordered a rib and chicken combo.  It was delicious.  The ribs were tasty and tender.  Were they the best ribs I ever "hung a lip on"?  No.  They were, however, very good.

The chicken stood out.  It was SUPER tender.  I took one bite of the leg and the meat fell right off the bone.  It was delicious.

The sides, like I said before, were great.  I got fried jalepenos.  Tasty, kind of spicy, and a nice change.

The sweet potato fries were also good.  Not really noteworthy, but quite good.

All was going swimmingly.  I was enjoying a well above average lunch, when the server (or was it the owner?) came by and said, "I just took some peach cobbler out of the oven, would you like some for dessert for just $1?"

Just one dollar?! Of course.  In moments, this was placed before me:


It may not look like much (or maybe it does).  It was a reasonable portion.  The price was right.  I wished it had whipped cream.  I took a bite.  Whoa!  It was, indeed, right out of the oven.  I took another bite, and was sooo happy I ordered the cobbler.  The crust was AMAZING!  It was so buttery and flaky.  The peach part was fine, nothing special, but the crust really stood out.

Overall, TC's rib crib cooks good food.  They have great entrees, fun sides and good dessert. It's all priced reasonably and is in a very home-y atmosphere.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to lead me up to the big peach cobbler moment and not have anything to show for it. This post made me eat a milky way miniature I found laying on the counter. Sounds yummy.
Rkade said…
It's funny you should say that. The pic of the cobbler disappeared. I'll have to replace it.

Popular Posts