The Hush Puppy - good gator!

Posted by Picasa
Some restaurants haunt me.  They lurk in my path, but never appear when I am hungry or able to stop in.  I see them, but can't eat there.  I am tortured, followed and taunted by these places.  They are like a song of which you know only one line, and can't figure out the title or the artist.  The Hush Puppy was such a restaurant.

Finally, I was able to drive in the other day.  What intrigued me, was that there were two of them in town.  Other than fast food, there isn't two  of many things in Vegas.  On top of all that, it looked old.  Another rarity.

I guess the Hush Puppy is a soul food/southern sea food place.  I ordered the catfish and an alligator appetizer.

I started with the gator:

It was delicious!  It was moist, tender and tasty.  I have had gator before, but it was on a stick and was dry.  My gator on a stick was ok, but it tasted more like an overcooked pork chop.  This gator tasted like really good chicken.  Even the kids liked it.

How about the catfish?  It was good.  It wasn't outstanding, but it was good.  The hush puppies were distinctive and tasty and the fries weren't bad.

I really want to get back there and try some different items and, most importantly, try some desserts. 

Comments

Popular Posts