Simply Marvelous! Steak and potatoes.

The simplest things are sometimes the best. I am not such a beef connoisseur that I can look at a steak and know it is of high quality.  I am such a beef connoisseur that I can look at a steak and know that I like steak.  This is such a steak.

I seasoned it, doing like I had heard - I put a crap load of salt on it and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  Before cooking, I rinsed off the salt and re-seasoned it with my favorite steak seasoning.  Meanwhile, Amy did mushrooms and mashed potatoes.

I couldn't believe how good those mushrooms and mashed potatoes were.  She put a bunch of good stuff in those potatoes (cheese and stuff).  The mushrooms were just sauteed with butter.  It was stupid simple, but crazy good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Steak and shrooms are my favorite too. Great tip to salt and then rinse off. Interesting. Did it really seem different? Great food pictures!
Rkade said…
I think it did, but I'll have to be a bit more scientific about it and test it a few more times to be sure. It was VERY tender.

Popular Posts