Star Wars Pancakes, insert "force" pun here



Posted by Picasa
This is about power.  The power of my demographic.  MY POWER.  There is a Simpson's episode where Marge (if I remember right) is complaining about the stupid products being made and advertised.  Homer explains to her that the problem is that he is the ideal demographic, and so companies were taking advice from he and his ilk to determine what products to make and market.  A product called "Gum N Nuts" (chewing gum combined with peanuts) was an example of a product his input helped to create.  I am in now that demographic.  I am starting to notice that things are being made and marketed that are exactly what I wanted!  A-Team Movie?  Check.  Iron Man and other comic book movies?  Check.  Lady Gaga?  Well, that must be some other demographic, but you get the idea.

Case in point are the Star Wars pancake molds.  Now you too can devour Darth Vader, imperial storm troopers and Yoda!  We got these at Williams Sonoma.  Check them out here.

So, we did it.  We made pancakes, busted out the molds and went to town.  Here are the problems:
1. Even these designs might be a bit too intricate for pancakes.  The more corners you have in your mold, the harder time you will have cleanly getting the mold off and flipping the pancake.
2. The molds need lubrication.  For best results, you want to spray them down with Pam before each pancake.
3. The handles can get a bit hot.

That's the bad news.  Here's the GREAT NEWS!  Star Wars Pancakes!
To take it a step further, I busted out a tasty treat, Chocolate banana spread.  I guess I was thinking Nutella, but with banana flavoring.  It's tasty.  We got this at Cost Plus (World Market).
Healthy?  Nope.  Tasty?  Yep. [insert Stars Wars pun here, too]

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just noticed the name of the stuff. I accidentally skipped those sentences, but I promise I read the rest.
Anonymous said…
Only you! What is in the jar next to the pancakes? It looks like tasty topping. Thanks for the car pictures.....oh wait you never sent them. However, Karson did and your car is incredible. It is the perfect car for you. You most certainly deserve it!

Popular Posts