Happy Fathers Day - to ME

Posted by Picasa
Yes, this is how  behind I am.  I have about 14 posts in draft and a camera full of additional posts to finish up.  So, let's talk about Father's Day.  It was right tasty.  I grilled some corn, which I always love, grilled some tri-tip and Amy made coconut cake.

The corn, I love corn on the cob.  I eat it at the fair, I eat it at home, it's great.  Grilling it is fun and probably doesn't take any longer than waiting for a big pot of water to boil and then cook the corn.  Soak it for about half an hour then, while it is still in the husk, put it on the grill at medium heat.  Turn it every 8 minutes or so.  If you are really ambitious, make an herb butter and rub it all over the corn before cooking, then it's ready to eat after about 30 minutes.  The water in the husk steams the corn, and the grill chars it just a bit.  My favorite way to eat corn on the cob is with butter and Tabasco salt.  It's amazing!

The tri-tip.  This was just me, grilling some meat.  I overcooked it just a bit.  My bad.

Coconut cake!  This has long been a favorite of mine.  I actually was after Amy's chili-chocolate souffle, but she agreed to make it later if I would settle for coconut cake.  Amy once brought this to the office and the staff went crazy for it.  It's not just whipped cream and coconut on top, it's whipped cream and cream of coconut all over the place in there.

Of course, I got about fifty million cards from the kids.  It was great, they kept making them all weekend.  Not a bad day.

Comments

Popular Posts