There is food in LA!

Posted by Picasa
I am so behind, that I am still posting from May.  Sorry.

First, this was a bittersweet trip to LA.  I had some cool food, but felt horrible.  I had an untreated sinus infection that was making my life hell - every time I swallowed it felt like my throat was made of broken glass. My only solace was food and preordering my iPhone 4.

First, I went to breakfast at an OOOLLLLDDDD restaurant.  Have you heard of The Pantry Cafe?  This place has been open since 1924.  I wandered over (it was only a block from my quirky hotel - the Figueroa) and ordered.  The servers were friendly and helpful.  One concern - the place was CASH ONLY - not something I usually have a lot of when I travel.  Luckily, I had just enough.

So, how was it?  Tasty.  It was, as their website says, "traditional" American food.  The portions were huge - check out this toast:


I got eggs and a turkey (or was it chicken) sausage patty.  It was tasty.  Was it the best I'd had?  Nope.  Was it good?  Yep.




What about my next place?  How about a Wolfgang Puck  bistro near downtown LA?  Ok, let's do it.  This place was literally right across the street from my deposition.  I was a bit skeptical of a Wolfgang Puck restaurant.  Isn't he a bit overexposed? Is his food all hype?  Well, he may be overexposed, but the food isn't hype.

Check out this Meatloaf.  That was the damned finest meatloaf I've ever eaten.  The sauce was divine, the bacon was flavorful, it was simply delicious.  But, wait, there's more!






I ordered dessert:


Yes ladies and gentlemen.  Behold, the creme brulee cheesecake.  It is as wonderful as it sounds.  I don't know how they did it.  It was custard-y and cheesecake-y.  It rocked, there is nothing else to say.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I heart that cheesecake. I am also loving the plethora of posts. (I am too lazy to check that spelling.

Popular Posts