Fair Food 2010 - Deep Fried Oreos

Let's skip right to dessert, shall we?

We all know that fairs are notorious for deep frying anything they can get their hands on - cheese, hot dogs, possum (I assume), Twinkies, etc.  I had just eaten a steak and potato and wanted to make sure I fully experienced the fair.  Traditionally, I ate at the dutch oven booth, the smoked turkey leg booth, the corn booth, the corn dog booth and the maple bar booth.  The problem was that I had typically ignored the other 30 booths.  Not this year. I was going to make it rain on more booths than ever this year!

I walked down the row and saw the handwritten sign - Fried Oreos $1.  Bam, I was on it.  I went to a Bobcat Band representative and ordered my fried Oreos.  A few minutes later, there they were.

Now, what can you say about fried sandwich cookies?  They were hot, crispy, rich with carmelized flavor.  Of course I loved them.  This was fair food at its finest.  They took something delicious in everyday life, and put it on steroids.  Steroids are the right metaphor, because they can be harmful, but in the short term - tasty results.

Oh, I thought of one drawback to deep fried Oreos- hard to dunk in milk.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I pretty much need to go with you next time.

Popular Posts