Fair Food 2010 - things on sticks




Posted by Picasa
Things on sticks.  Isn't this probably the modern descendant of the first cooked food? Some caveman probably said to himself "Hey, if I slap this meat on this stick and cook it, it's like a turkey leg."     I say that's what happened, maybe not in those exact words, though.  Anywho.  Things on sticks are great.  You don't really need that little paper boat they serve them in.  The stick is your plate.  Your mouth is your fork.

Things on sticks are also some of the most dangerous food there is.  For example, you can have a an outer coating that is at the perfect eating temperature, but when you bite into it - look out - an inner core of cheese magma scorches your tongue and knocks out your taste buds for a week.

Also, why do we x-ray our Halloween candy, but not our things on sticks?  What if some nut job sharpened the stick?  I'm just saying.

So, things on sticks are exciting.  Liam ordered a fresh corn dog.  There is nothing like them.  I don't know what freezing a corn dog does to  that corn meal coating, but it aint good.  My rule is that any time you can have a fresh dipped corn dog, do it.

I also got cheese on a stick.  It was great.  Nice crispy corn meal coating, delicious melted cheese on the inside.  I only wish I could have ordered a  jalepeno jack one.

I am not allowed to buy a deep fried frier.  My wife and my arteries have made their position abundantly clear on that issue.  But if I could, oooh mama.  There would be some serious things on sticks going on at my house.

Comments

Kasha said…
So I forgot to moderate my blog and now I feel awful, because I fear I made you repeat yourself. It is a compliment to you thought because it means you stand by what you say! I would love to hear you say "ooh mama" in person. Can you do that please? Thanks.
Anonymous said…
'though'

Popular Posts