Suuuuppppeeerrrr Burrriiittttooo!





Posted by Picasa
In my search for the next great "hole in the wall" eatery, my buddies and I ventured to "Super Burrito" for lunch.  And, later, dinner.  And, later still, lunch again.

Why go to Super Burrito?  Well, it's a great name, for starters.  Why aren't more american food restaurants named with superlatives?   Why no "Super Burger", "Amazing Hot Dog" (or in Vegas, "Amazing Weiner"), where is our  "Awesome Steak" restaurant.  Damn our Puritan humility.

Here's the restaurant.  Very clean and new.  'Nuff said.

Let's look at the food:

The breakfast burrito.  This was eggs, cheese and ham.  Perfectly serviceable.  How do you make an outstanding and unique egg, cheese and ham burrito?  I don't know.  Neither does Super Burrito, but they do know how to make a good one.


Here is my first burrito I had there.  I don't remember what was in it.  Either chorizo or green chile.   It was good and that hot sauce was nice and hot.  The service there was very good.  The people are personable and seem to believe in their restaurant.  It was nice.

Here is the best things there (that I have tried) - green chile nachos.  These were surprising for a few reasons.  First, they didn't use a shredded cheese, they used nacho cheese sauce.  I'm not complaining, it was just unexpected.  I was also surprised that I had never had green chile nachos before.  It is so simple and most taco shops have it.  It is so logical and obvious, but there it was, for the first time in my life.  How were they?  Great.  I really liked them.  Lots of flavor, fun textures, and comfortingly heavy.

I like Super Burrito and will be eating there again.  

Comments

Popular Posts