The Best Sandwich EVER!

Posted by Picasa
This will be short.  I am not a sandwich expert.  I haven't invented any sandwiches nor have I taken any advanced sandwich classes.  I have eaten a lot of sandwiches, but I know that I haven't eaten all the sandwiches.  In spite of all that, I have an opinion and it involves an Italian beef sandwich.  Here is that opinion:

ROSATI'S HAS THE BEST SANDWICH IN THE WORLD!!!!

Why would I say that?   Here's why:
1. Good beef.  It's tender, flavorful and plentiful (those to "-ful"s are important).
2. Good sausage.  What?  I thought this was a beef sandwich?  It is, but it happens to have a sausage in it (note - I abstained from making an off-color joke right there).
3. The "gravy."  They call it gravy.  It is really a "jus" as in "au jus".  It is zesty and chock full 'o' flavor.  Dip your sandwich in it!  Now!
4. Hot giardinara.  Pickled spicy peppers and vegetables.  They are hot and pickled.  Spicy and tart.  Love them, or else.

This sandwich makes me happy to be alive.  It is one of those things in this world that surprises me every time I eat it.  Why?  Because it's so good.  It's so good that I can't believe it is real.  I bite into this sandwich, and start to wonder if I am in the Matrix, because reality cannot be that flavorful.  But, as far as I know, it is real. And for that, Rosati's, I thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts