TastyBunz, y'all.




Ok, after a couple month break from bloggins, I'm back and almost committed to regular posting again.

Even though it's been a while, I still want to continue with my food truck theme. I know they are super trendy now, but I still love them. Let's start with this one, TastyBunz. Apparently, pork buns are an Asian-Pacific type food. I am not of Asian Pacific descent and I refuse to research my blog posts, so I can neither confirm nor deny that pork buns are an Asian-Pacific type food. I cannot remember how I found these guys. I may have found them by going to the slider truck (Slidin' Thru) and seeing the "Streat Festival" flyer. I took one and then looked up all the participating vendors. It was a very worthwhile endeavor.

Anyway, back to TastyBunz. They serve unique buns, filled with stuff. Different stuff. Sometimes pork, sometimes mac and cheese. All sorts of stuff. I got a truffle mac and cheese one and a pork one. They were good. They were buttered a bit on the outside. I have to say, however, that the bread to stuffing ration was not ideal. It was kind of like one of those creme filled doughnuts that had only a marble of filling in the center, it can be disappointing. These weren't that bad, but the bread was just bread, and so it was unexciting trying to get to the filling. Don't get me wrong, they were still quite tasty. I also have noticed that they have more than these buns - they have been doing Philipino-style tacos as wel.

The item that really blew me away, however, was the tater tots with truffle sauce. Wow. They were great. It was a genius move, really. You take tater tots, that have really been used up and discarded. I mean, what do you do to improve tater tots? Chesse? Been done. Chili? Been done. Chili and Cheese? Been done. Truffle sauce? Now we're talking.

What about dessert? They had it. They called them dessert potstickers.  They were wonton wrappers filled with sweet and tasty goodness, covered with tasty drizzles and powdered sugar.  The verdict?  Very nice.  Good crunchy texture, good ensemble of dessert-y flavors, unique presentation.  


I will be going back to TastyBunz.  It is different, the menu changes so there is always something new to look forward to and it's tasty.

See you soon (I hope).
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
I heard on the news that there is an area downtown Phoenix where there are tons of Food trucks. I must get down there. It sounds so fun!

Popular Posts