Food Slinger's - Cheesesteaks are so hot right now!



Posted by Picasa
Ok, we are nearing the end of my food truck hunt.  Recently, I was able to hit Food Slingers.  This was made possibly by the fact that Curbside Cafe (producer of exemplary calamari tacos), decided to go elsewhere on Thursdays, leaving a spot at the Court house open.

This is a nice truck, with nice folks.  They are passionate about their food, and were eager for me to experience their cheesesteaks.

I ordered one, and ate it.  In retrospect, there was one problem.  I ate it too soon.  It was so fresh and hot, that I burned my mouth in my haste, and didn't taste it as well as I should have.

This was a very good cheesesteak.  I will eat there again, and try their variations.  That is certainly going to be Food Slinger's biggest challenge, making the most of a limited menu.  If they can't make the most of a small menu, they run the risk of being an also ran in a crowded cheesesteak and food truck market.

I for one, hope they make it.

Comments

Popular Posts