My Best Spots in Vegas List

Here is my list of places I love in Vegas.  I regularly am asked for restaurant recommendations. These are not the most expensive or fanciest places in town, these are the places I go.  This is a dynamic post - I will be editing it as I update my own favorites.

I hope this is helpful:

Mexican Food

1. El Dorado Cantina - This is attached to a strip club, but has its own entrance (FYI for those who, like me, are a bit puritanical when it comes to strip clubs).  In my estimation, the best Mexican food in Las Vegas is here.

2. Tacos el Gordo - The best tacos in Vegas.  This is on the list purely on the strength of the pork adobada.  No other meat stands out from the crowd like their spit of pork adobada. Check out my review.



Sushi

1. Sushi Fever - The first sushi I had in Las Vegas, but it is not just the primacy effect that has me coming back again and again.  Great fish, unique rolls.  I love the thin garlic sauce with their tuna nigiri, it's my favorite thing in town.

2. Kaizen Sushi - They have some great original rolls and one of the best all-you-can-eat deals in town.  Great menu (I love getting the grilled pork belly when I do all-you-can-eat) and great food.

Ramen

1. Monta Ramen - This is the best ramen in Vegas.  I love the tankotsu broth, so rich and creamy.  The chashu pork is exceedingly tender.  The atmosphere is very authentic.  I love this place.

2. Ramen Tatsu - Very good broth.  This place has the habenero ramen that I love.  Check out my review.

Doughnuts

1. Las Vegas Donut Bar - Best doughnuts in town right now.  Very creative doughnuts, but not so creative that they forget to make really good dough.  Check out my review.

2. Real Donuts #1 - Nothing weird or unusual.  Solid, delicious, standard variety donuts.  Perhaps the best of their kind.

Steak

1. Mrkt Alliante - I love this place for its consistency and its "ribeye" sauce.  Perhaps I am not sophisticated enough to appreciate the absolute finest steaks in Las Vegas.  It doesn't matter, I know these steaks are very good (the filets are buttery smooth, but seared perfectly on the outside).  No matter what steak I order, I get a side of ribeye sauce.  I dip steak in it.  I dip bread in it.  I'd like to bathe in it.  Reasonably priced, as well.

2. The Steakhouse at Circus Circus - For a fancier steak experience that is still less than a luxury car payment, I recommend this place.  They dry age the hell out of their steaks and everything is delicious.  It is an old-school fancy steakhouse.

Fusion Places

1.  Komex Fusion Express - I need to write a review of this place, but for now, suffice it to say it is delicious.  Great meats (bulgogi and spicy pork are my favorites), good sauces and an ever evolving specials menu (bulgogi tots and the pork belly sandwich are my favorites).

2. Chow, Chinese southern fusion -  From the chef who brought you Eat, we have Chow.  Amazing fried chicken, innovative sides (their take on the crab Rangoon is revelatory), and sophisticated atmosphere.


Comments

Popular Posts