Desert Botanical Gardens - Cactus

Posted by Picasa
Do you want to see a lot of people with DSLRs without going to a fashion show?  Then go to Desert Botanical Gardens. I guess photographers like this type of place because everything is already arranged so it makes a nice photo.  Also, this being a botanical garden and not a zoo, everything holds real still while you photograph it.  There were monopods, tripods, dudes holding two cameras, people with 50 pounds of gear.  It was crazy.  I can understand a monopod, maybe even two cameras (so you have two different lenses), but 50 pounds of gear?  It was interesting and fun to pretend I was a professional along with all those other people

I brought my camera and took a crapload of pictures.  I'll do a few posts with those pics.  Today is cactus, later will be birds then butterflies.

These saguaro aren't outstanding for any reason other than I liked the way they were composed against the sky.


This saguaro had a serious armpit problem.


This is just kind of pretty.


Comments

Popular Posts