The Egg and I - I am wowed.


There are a bunch of restaurants that I have not been to, simply because they are too far away to go to for lunch.  For some reason, to me, Sahara Avenue in Las Vegas just seems a lifetime away.  Fortune, however, smiled on The Egg and I recently when I learned a camera shop that had a lens I needed was in the same parking lot.  I went to the shop, got my lens and then inaugurated the lens by taking pictures of my meal at The Egg and I.

For those of you who don't know me (which, judging by the comments, is none of you), I am a HUGE breakfast guy.  I make it, I eat it, I love it.  So, I think I am not the easiest guy to please in the breakfast foods department.  I don't want to oversell it, but The Egg and I nails it.

First, here is a weird picture of a very normal banana nut muffin.  It was hot and tasty.

Here is the star of the show:

This is a green chili omelet with breakfast potatoes.  It was fabulous.  I know what you're thinking (all bloggers have psychic powers, get used to it) - those potatoes look like they came from a bag.  Well, I don't think they did.  Well, maybe they did.  Who cares?  They were crispy and delicious.  I wish I had a bag with potatoes like these in it.

How about the eggs?  Perfectly cooked.  Everything seasoned properly.  The textures were all just right.  It was simply delicious.  I gather, from reading the stuff hanging around the restaurant, that Eggworks and The Egg and I are affiliated.  If so, good.  That means more delicious breakfast is out in the world for you to go eat.  

Comments

Popular Posts