Lemon Butter Cookies

Sometimes the manual that comes with the kitchen appliance has the best recipes.  I like to imagine that is because the company has an R&D department feverishly optimizing recipes for their appliance.  In any case, Amy's cookie press has given us another fun cookie recipe, Lemon Butter Cookies.

I like butter and I like cookies.  To put the two together, well, it's a no-brainer.  But, if you are bored of the standard buttery goodness, try the buttery goodness + lemon.

Amy whipped these up pretty quickly.  They are just butter cookies with some lemon juice and lemon rind.  Amy felt they were a little plain looking and we wonder if dipping them halfway in chocolate would make them perfect.

I tried to make them look and taste more exciting by sprinkling just a bit of cayenne pepper.  It was ok, not noteworthy.

But don't get me wrong, the cookies all by themselves are great.  Amy was less happy with them than I was.  I thought they were light, buttery and the lemon was a bright addition to the flavor.  It wasn't too busy or complex, just nice.  They were certainly good enough that when I brought a bag to work, they didn't last the morning (no, I didn't share). 

Comments

Popular Posts