Waffle Fiasco!

Posted by Picasa
It's weird how one purchase, a cheap one, can lead to more expensive purchases.  For example, I bought some beautiful blackberries the other day, and somehow that led to the purchase of a waffle iron, which led to the waffle fiasco.

First, a thought on blackberries.  They are beautiful.  I think they are the sexiest berry.  I saw some at Coscto and couldn't resist.

After we decided to get a waffle iron, I hit up epicurious to find a waffle recipe.  I found one, bacon waffles, but Amy wasn't interested.  Then I got lost in the abundant recipes and accidentally chose a pancake recipe, thinking it was a waffle recipe.  Somehow, in my brain, the bacon waffle recipe became the pancake recipe.  I got the ingredients and came home ready to make waffles.

I mixed everything up for the pancake (I though waffle) batter and then went to making a simple blackberry syrup.  It's really a cheater, you take maple syrup, throw a bunch of blackberries in there and boil it.  I got that going, and re-checked my recipe and realized I had a pancake recipe.  I know, from watching Alton Brown, that pancakes and waffles are very different.  But, it was too late.  I waffle ironed those pancakes and we ate.



 

I thought it was ugly and a bit weird in the texture department, Amy and the kids loved it.

  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha! That was a fun journey and a good thing to know that I can throw berries in syrup, boil, and enjoy! Nice! I am also so happy that even a genius in the kitchen like yourself, can goof too.

Popular Posts