Create - Burgers and Custard

Posted by Picasa
I have obliquely mentioned Create in prior posts, but never given it its proper due.  Create claims to be a franchise.  I am not doubting it, I am just saying I have seen only one in my lifetime.  They have burgers, chicken, veggieburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and frozen custard.  The decor is arty, literally.  They have a 42" LCD that loops mostly impressionist art images.  The colors are green and black.  It's just fine.

I have been going to Create since it first opened.  It is one of the places in town that I am recognized, as I am a regular.  The people are friendly and the vegan chick is not holier than thou about your order (if it involves animal products).

What is the draw to Create?  Customization, mostly.  They actually have little worksheets you can use to make your order before you get to the register.  They have a LOT of options.  Lots of toppings, lots of buns, lots of sauces.  You can get a 1/4 or 1/3 pound burger or other beef substitutes, portabello mushroom, or chicken.  There are about four types of cheeses, and probably 12 different sauces.  I always get either atomic sauce or atomic mayo.  Both are habenero based, the mayo version is slightly less spicy as it is cooled by the mayo.

What about fries?  They've got 'em and they are great.  They have regular potato fries, which are perfectly crispy but not overly so.  They have onion rings which are quite good.  They also have sweet potato fries, which are outsanding.

Dessert?  Frozen custard.  Is it the best frozen custard ever?  Nope.  Is in the top half of frozen custards?  Yes.

Create is a nice place, with nice people and nice food.  There is no reason not to be a regular there. If you can find one, go there.

Comments

Popular Posts