I ate Kangaroo!





Posted by Picasa
Some things don't require a lot of explanation.  I had the opportunity to eat kangaroo this summer, and I did.    It is noteworthy to me, because it is part of my overall strategy of squeezing all the experiences I can from the opportunities that present themselves to me.  I am a pretty conservative guy who has a family, so BASE jumping, climbing Mt. Everest and similar things aren't on the menu.  So, I just make the most of what is hanging around.

Case in point is the kangaroo burger.  We were walking around downtown Cody, WY, and I saw a sign for kangaroo meat.  I immediately nominated it for my choice for dinner.  Oddly enough, noone else was on board.  I am not being sarcastic.  I still don't understand why noone else wanted toe eat kanagaroo.  They aren't particularly gross.  Nor are they too cute.  The are just a tasty mammal.

Whatever.

I went and knew I had entered the establishment of a true carnivore.  There were a lot of types of meat there, and I wish I could have had some more.  For that day, though, I was just having a kangaroo burger.

How was  it?  Good.  Tasted like a hamburger.  Sorry to disappoint.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you this backed up on eating experiences? This was a while ago! I still can't believe you tried that, but even more impressed it didn't hop away.
Rkade said…
I am about 20 posts behind, right now.

Popular Posts