Mini's Cupcakes: made us happy




Posted by Picasa


We were on our way to Wyoming, if I have my dates right, and were looking to visit someone after dinner in Salt Lake City.  We were driving around and saw Mini's Cupcakes.  It seems to have taken over an old drive-thru or an old flower shop.  Whatever it used to be, it now is ADORABLE!  I can't believe I am using that word, but it was.  The decor was kitchy and cute.  It seemed comfortable and, during the it day might function as a neat hangout for artsy chicks with horn rimmed glasses (in my mind, I see a gaggle of Lisa Loeb look-a-likes reading romance novels disguised as feminist literature and drinking coffee).  When we arrived, we were the only customers and it was close to closing time.

We surveyed the offerings, and noted they were out of a few of the items.  I am not blaming them, we were the ones who showed up late, too late.  Nonetheless, there were enough cupcakes remaining, that we all found something that sounded good.

I don't remember what everyone else got.  I got a peanut butter/chocolate cupcake.  It was . . . . DELICIOUS!  The toppings were spot-on and the cake portion was tasty.  What else can you ask of a cupcake shop.  I also liked that the cupcakes were small.  The small portion was more diet friendly, and, if you aren't on a diet, you can eat more of them.  This place was really cool, and I was glad we stopped by.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dang! I really want you to try the one that looks like it has strawberries on top. Yum!

Popular Posts